When I was active duty, I went TDY to Altus Air Force Base for C-17 Training 5 times. Every time, I learned something new. I have come up with 5 things you need to know before going TDY.
- Always have extra copies of orders with you in case you need to submit a copy to each organization you visit.
- Know where to check in once you arrive at the base. When you arrive at Altus AFB, you will check in at Billeting at 307 B Ave, Altus AFB, OK 73523. Also, know what time and where on the base you need to go on the first day of your training class. Make sure to be early on the first day of your training.
- Make sure to have the correct uniforms with you. You never know when you might be voluntold to wear your Blues on a Monday, so make sure all your uniforms are ready with the correct rank on them. Oh, and don’t forget your boots!
- Review the JTR and know how to file an accrual voucher with Finance in Altus.
- If you know me, I can’t go anywhere without my golf clubs or tennis racket. Don’t forget to bring your “fun stuff.” You can’t spend all your time studying! There are bike trails, hiking trails, golf courses, lakes, and swimming pools in the Altus area to help you have some fun during your TDY.